I'm biking really really far this summer

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Day 1 (Vancouver - Sechelt 65km)

Well, off we go! Its pretty chilly and windy and looks like iot might come down at any second, and the weather reports confirm this so I might as well just get going. I'm heading north of Vancouver and taking a ferry to Vancouver Island.

Some time passes...


Everything is going well so far. I started out from vancouver reasonably early and the first day and ended up riding 65 kilometers to a nice campsite. It was dark clouds the whole way and it started raining right after I set up camp. The campsite was pretty nice and I spent the evening strolling the beach.

7 comments:

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

Good Luck Charlie, I hope your firsyt day of riding went well and you are not too soggy this evening!!

Caroline said...

I am following your trail again , my dashing son, you will always be with me. all my love Mum xxxxx

Caroline said...

Every time I reread your blog I am transported back to our last weeks together. I miss you so so very much
all my love

Mum xxxx0000

Caroline said...

Vancouver is having the same weather you experienced,cool and wet. The Queen's 1000 boat strong regatta along the Thames was rained upon.
60 years on the throne. I wish you were here to enjoy it my darling boy xxxoooo Mum

Caroline said...

Charlie, the Tour de France will begin soon and now we are here in France to see it. You would have loved our new house, sp close to the canal du midi. You can cycle the whole length. I love you and miss you so much my darling son xxxx Mum

Caroline said...

My darling Charlie , I am on your journey again. last night I dreamt of you. I could feel you , I miss that so much xox

World Map Generator.  Create your own today!