I'm biking really really far this summer

Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 6 (Victoria rest day)

Since I woke up at 2pm with a bit of a hangover the day was obviously a writeoff, so Christiane and I went out and got a nice breakfast, after which she took me on a tour of Victoria (its really quite small). We went to go see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie at 7pm (we prepared by going to a bar to drink spiced rum). It was pretty good, but definitely more than an hour too long. Christiane basically went catatonic for the last half of the movie. After that it was past 10pm so we hurried to The Keg Steakhouse where I used the gift certificate I was given by the kind people at RED. We had a nice bottle of California wine, and an assortment of delicious hors d'oeuvres. It was past 12 by the time we were done so we headed back to Christiane's place for some sleep.


Today she has a briefing to make to city council about supervised heroin consumption areas so she was pretty nervous as its going to be filmed. I notice that my chain was broken (one of the pins came out and the plate was hanging off), so I took it to a bike shop and I'm waiting for the 3pm ferry to Port Angeles in Washington State. Bye-bye beatiful British Columbia!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

How are you Christiane .I should love to hear from you if you ever read charlie's blog any more do email me.
caroline.prinsep@gmail.com
He had such a good time with you for those 2 brief days.

Caroline said...

What a good time you two had, I wish it could have continued.....xxxxMum

Caroline said...

I wish i could here more stories , I love you and miss you, my dearest boy xxxx mum

World Map Generator.  Create your own today!