I'm biking really really far this summer

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 19 (Glenada - Charleston 105km)

All of today was spent going through the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area which while spectacular, was ruined by the fact that it was Satuday so all the rednecks were out with trucks and ATVs to have some good ol' fun. Traffic was bad, shoulders were narrow and drivers in pickups really resented the fact I wasn't burning any gas. As such it was not a great riding day. Maybe if I rode it during the week it would have been better, but I pertty much wrote this day off as travel... At the campsite, which wasn't all that great, Dan, Caedmon and I rode to the Cape Arago lookout in the evening and saw a baby grey whale spouting mist next to the reef. There happened to be some whale enthusiast/tour guides watching the whales so they gave us a commentary on the whale and on the other marine mammals in the area. I got a chance to ride my bike without any of the bags on it, and boy is it fast!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Darling Charlie
I forgot to tell you Fred got his degree by the skin of his teeth and has a really wonderful portefolio and web site. Perhaps you already know?
all my love
Mum xxxooo

Caroline said...

I wonder what Dan and Caedmon are doing now? they were good friends to you on your trip.
All my love Mum xxx

Caroline said...

I wonder what Dan and Caedmon are doing now? they were good friends to you on your trip.
All my love Mum xxx

World Map Generator.  Create your own today!