I'm biking really really far this summer

Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 50 (San Diego - Vancouver train)

Booooriiiiing!
We got so delayed we had to spend over 2 hours in Klamath Falls, Oregon. I took this opportunity to go to the grocery store to stock up on food and drink. The conductor had eagle eyes and managed to spot the beer can I had in one of the 3 plastic grocery bags and said it couldn't come on the train and that I would have to throw it out. So I walked around the block and quickly dispatched of the huge can at 10:30am (aka beer o'clock). I gave him a big thumbs up as I got on the train and promptly fell asleep for several hours.
Many more delays. Pretty scenery. Fat Mexican child who's mother has been stuffing him with potato chips for the last 26 hours won't shut his damn mouth for 26 seconds unless its filled with potato chips. I wanted to slap that kid.
This is all painful to recall, so I will skip the boring parts: we were almost 8 hours delayed and the other passengers started to get irate and complain, which annoyed me because it was pointless. Door to door (between hostels) I was in transit for 52 hours. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids on long train rides don’t work! Just ask me. But 52 hours wow.
Cheers
John (sweep)

World Map Generator.  Create your own today!